Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cure perform marathon 'secret' show in LA

2 posters

Go down

The Cure perform marathon 'secret' show in LA Empty The Cure perform marathon 'secret' show in LA

Post by Baz Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:04 am

The Cure performed a marathon set before a star-studded crowd at the Troubadour in Los Angeles Saturday night (December 13).

The goth legends, who will be crowned NME's Godlike Geniuses in early 2009, played for nearly three hours at the intimate club, thrilling the packed house with a set that included crowd-pleasing hits including 'Pictures Of You', 'Lovesong' and 'Just Like Heaven', as well as more obscure material.

The band also played a handful of tracks from their new, guitar-driven album '4:13 Dream', as members of The Killers, My Chemical Romance, Paramore and AFI looked on, as well as actors Kirsten Dunst, Ryan Gosling and Jared Leto.

The gig was part of the MySpace Secret Show series, which offers free tickets to members of the online social networking community.

The Cure played:

'Underneath The Stars'
'Pictures Of You'
'Lullaby'
'The Perfect Boy'
'Alt End'
'The Reasons Why'
'The Walk'
'The End Of The World'
'Lovesong'
'The Real Snow White'
'The Hungry Ghost'
'From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea'
'The Only One'
'Wrong Number'
'Sleep When I'm Dead'
'Push'
'Friday I'm in Love'
'In Between Days'
'Just Like Heaven'
'Primary'
'The Scream'
'One Hundred Years'
'It's Over'

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
The Cure perform marathon 'secret' show in LA Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100The Cure perform marathon 'secret' show in LA Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The Cure perform marathon 'secret' show in LA Empty Re: The Cure perform marathon 'secret' show in LA

Post by YePiF Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:35 pm

Baz wrote:

The band also played a handful of tracks from their new, guitar-driven album '4:13 Dream', as members of The Killers, My Chemical Romance, Paramore and AFI looked on, as well as actors Kirsten Dunst, Ryan Gosling and Jared Leto.

Original article here

That part made me lol Laughing You know the majority of the new fans are "posers" when people like that turn up to the gigs.

In my honest opinion, they should of given another band/artist the godlike genius award Neutral
YePiF
YePiF

Number of posts : 281
The Cure perform marathon 'secret' show in LA Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100The Cure perform marathon 'secret' show in LA Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down