Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cowell laughs off X Factor leak

3 posters

Go down

Cowell laughs off X Factor leak Empty Cowell laughs off X Factor leak

Post by Baz Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:51 am

Cowell laughs off X Factor leak 12-61

Simon Cowell says he is "very embarrassed" that the contracts signed by this year's X Factor contestants were leaked to the Mirror newspaper.

The 80-page document, which is enforceable "anywhere in the world or the solar system" was signed by all 12 finalists before the live shows began.

It includes a clause that prevents them from saying anything "unduly negative, critical or derogatory" about Cowell.

"I didn't put that in there," the music mogul said. "Very embarrassing."

"I wasn't aware that one of the clauses said you can't be horrible about me," he added.

"It's probably the most useless clause in the history of contracts, because everybody does talk horrible about me.

"And do you know what? I don't care. It sounds ridiculously hypocritical of me to slate most people who come on the show and then to go: 'And, by the way, you've got to be nice about Simon'."

He also addressed the issue of how much money the winner receives.

On air, the prize is billed as a "£1m recording contract", but the contestants' contract said the prize money was £150,000.

Cowell acknowledged that this latter figure was correct, but said the total amount of money spent on the winning act exceeded £1m.

"We make over a million pound commitment to the winner. That's why it's described as a £1m recording contract," he added.

The 49-year-old was speaking at a press conference ahead of Saturday night's final - along with the contestants and his fellow judges Cheryl Cole, Dannii Minogue and Louis Walsh.

Minogue declined to answer a question about whether she would return to the series next year - deferring to Cowell, whose production company makes the show.

"Do you know what, we're going to sit down with everybody in January," he said.

"But I would be surprised if it's a different line-up. Although Louis [Walsh] is going to have to get some work done."

The Irish judge retorted: "Is that part of the contract, Simon?

"Well, I want to do the gig, so I'll do it."

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Cowell laughs off X Factor leak Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Cowell laughs off X Factor leak Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Cowell laughs off X Factor leak Empty Re: Cowell laughs off X Factor leak

Post by jackie 46 Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:54 am

I bet he did put that clause in their.
jackie 46
jackie 46

Number of posts : 4999
Cowell laughs off X Factor leak Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Cowell laughs off X Factor leak Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Florence Hall Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:51 pm

nice photo!
Florence Hall
Florence Hall

Number of posts : 31
Cowell laughs off X Factor leak Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Cowell laughs off X Factor leak Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:55 pm

He looks smug doesn't he?

Last edited by Baz on Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Cowell laughs off X Factor leak Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Cowell laughs off X Factor leak Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Florence Hall Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:01 pm

Perfect words for it - I couldn't think what it was about it - Smug yes that fits well
Florence Hall
Florence Hall

Number of posts : 31
Cowell laughs off X Factor leak Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Cowell laughs off X Factor leak Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down