Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banksy's "Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill"

2 posters

Go down

Banksy's "Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill" Empty Banksy's "Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill"

Post by Baz Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:13 am

This week, to no fanfare and red carpets, Banksy secretly opened The Village Pet Store and Charcoal Grill, on 7th Ave between Bleecker and West 4th Street, open everyday from 10am-Midnight. This is Banksy’s first New York show and it not only artistically brilliant in the oh so tongue in cheek Bansky style, but it’s really really fun. The pet store features a lounging Leopard in the front window, laying on a branch with tail moving. Upon entering the store you see that the cat is actually a fur coat. There’s fishsticks swimming in a fishbowl, chicken nuggets pecking at food, a monkey in a cage watching other primates ‘get busy’ on the Discovery channel. There’s so much more as well, but I don’t want to give it all away, because experiencing it first hand is too much fun. The best part of the store, IT’S FREE and you don’t have to be part of the art elite to go. All are welcome and being among kids and adults who aren’t in on “the secret” behind this place adds to the experience and makes it that much better. This is Banksy’s first jump into animatronics and there’s no paintings hanging or graffiti murals on walls. Just pure artistic fun. Damn, we need more of that. Here is a statement from the artist about the Pet Store:

“New Yorkers don’t care about art, they care about pets. So I’m exhibiting them instead. I wanted to make art that questioned our relationship with animals and the ethics and sustainability of factory farming, but it ended up as chicken nuggets singing. I took all the money I made exploiting an animal in my last show and used it to fund a new show about the exploitation of animals. If its art and you can see it from the street, I guess it could still be considered street art.”

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Banksy's "Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill" Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Banksy's "Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Banksy's "Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill" Empty Re: Banksy's "Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill"

Post by jackie 46 Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:24 am

That would put me off a sausage for life.
jackie 46
jackie 46

Number of posts : 4999
Banksy's "Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill" Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Banksy's "Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Banksy's "Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill" Empty Re: Banksy's "Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill"

Post by Baz Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:34 am

Love the fish fingers!
Baz
Baz
Admin

Banksy's "Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill" Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Banksy's "Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill" Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jackie 46 Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:42 am

Yeah when I saw that I thought Are they fish fingers swimming around.
jackie 46
jackie 46

Number of posts : 4999
Banksy's "Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill" Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Banksy's "Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:44 am

I like the little chicks too.
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down