Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Franz finish new 'dance' record

2 posters

Go down

Franz finish new 'dance' record Empty Franz finish new 'dance' record

Post by Baz Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:04 am

Franz finish new 'dance' record 5-171

Franz Ferdinand have finished work on their third album, which is "very much a dance record", the band have said.

Their last album, You Could Have It So Much Better, came out four years ago.

"The last record was fast, furious, frantic, 150 beats per minute. It was like a teenager having sex," singer Alex Kapranos told BBC News.

"This one's a bit more assured and a bit friendlier for the dancefloor. It's about 104/105bpm," Kapranos said. The untitled album is due early in 2009.

"Yes, it does sound different, and there are different instruments on the record, different tempos, a different attitude to making it," he said.

"But it's always going to sound like a Franz Ferdinand record when it's the four of us making it. It's very much a dance record again this time."

The band spent more than a year writing the album during an "intensely switched-on period" of creativity, he said.

As a result, the album is "a compilation of the best bits of different periods of songwriting", the singer said.

Asked what the new album was called, he replied: "I've no idea, I wish I knew - I'm terrible at giving things titles."

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Franz finish new 'dance' record Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Franz finish new 'dance' record Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Franz finish new 'dance' record Empty Re: Franz finish new 'dance' record

Post by YePiF Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:29 pm

Am I the only one concerned when rock or pop bands claim to make "dance" material? Neutral
YePiF
YePiF

Number of posts : 281
Franz finish new 'dance' record Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Franz finish new 'dance' record Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:29 am

It remains to be seen. It will be quite interesting.
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Franz finish new 'dance' record Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Franz finish new 'dance' record Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down