Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single

4 posters

Go down

Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single Empty Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single

Post by Baz Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:43 am

Leona Lewis will release her cover of Snow Patrol's 'Run' as a single – after her record company were forced to give into public pressure.

Lewis' label Sony BMG initially refused to release 'Run' as a single, instead making it available on a reissue of her 2007 debut album, 'Spirit'.

The song had been introduced by presenter Dermot O'Leary as "her next single" when she performed it on 'The X Factor' earlier this month - and fans reacted badly when it was revealed that it would not be released as a single.

Now the decision has been reversed, the track will be available as a download from Sunday (November 30), reports The Sun.

The newspaper quotes an anonymous source as saying, "Chiefs were stunned by the reaction. They've finally seen sense and bowed to pressure."

Original article here

Last edited by Baz on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single Empty Re: Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single

Post by Dave Mercury Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:43 am

Its one of my favourite Snow Patrol songs, and Leona makes a good job of it, i'm sure it'll be a big hit.
Dave Mercury
Dave Mercury

Number of posts : 2858
Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.ashfieldangling@piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single Empty Re: Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single

Post by YePiF Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:41 pm

Sounds good. But at over 5 mins it might be getting a bit big
YePiF
YePiF

Number of posts : 281
Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Godamnsneaky Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:48 pm

Dave Mercury wrote:Its one of my favourite Snow Patrol songs, and Leona makes a good job of it, i'm sure it'll be a big hit.

It's probably the best one I've heard from Snow Patrol. I can't stand that Chasing Cars song, that does my head in.

Leona's version of this song is okay though and will be a success and Snow Patrol shall receive some lovely royalties too, so I bet there well pleased.

sunny
Godamnsneaky
Godamnsneaky

Number of posts : 40
Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:35 am

YePiF wrote:Sounds good. But at over 5 mins it might be getting a bit big

I think there is an edited version that will be the single.
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mercury Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:10 am

Godamnsneaky wrote:
Dave Mercury wrote:Its one of my favourite Snow Patrol songs, and Leona makes a good job of it, i'm sure it'll be a big hit.

It's probably the best one I've heard from Snow Patrol. I can't stand that Chasing Cars song, that does my head in.

Leona's version of this song is okay though and will be a success and Snow Patrol shall receive some lovely royalties too, so I bet there well pleased.

sunny
I like Chasing Cars as much as One, but i really like ' You Are All That I Have '
Dave Mercury
Dave Mercury

Number of posts : 2858
Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Leona Lewis to release Snow Patrol's 'Run' as single Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.ashfieldangling@piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down