Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony Christie speaks about Arctic Monkeys cover

3 posters

Go down

Tony Christie speaks about Arctic Monkeys cover Empty Tony Christie speaks about Arctic Monkeys cover

Post by Baz Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:12 am

Tony Christie has explained why he chose to cover Arctic Monkeys' 'Only The Ones Who Know' for his forthcoming new album, 'Made In Sheffield'.

The singer, who worked with fellow Sheffield residents Richard Hawley and Jarvis Cocker on the album, said that the young band reminded him of a musical era past, inspiring him to reinterpret their work.

"The reason I like the Monkeys is because they take me back to the 60's," he told BBC 6music on the night he played a gig last night (October 22) on The Royal Daffodil boat off Liverpool's Albert Dock. "It's very like that 60's scene, The Beatles and all that.

"It reminds me of that and of a time when I was kicking off in the business. So it's a bit retro but great."

'Made In Sheffield' is set for release on November 11.

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Tony Christie speaks about Arctic Monkeys cover Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Tony Christie speaks about Arctic Monkeys cover Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Tony Christie speaks about Arctic Monkeys cover Empty Re: Tony Christie speaks about Arctic Monkeys cover

Post by Magic Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:53 pm

Can anyone take him seriously now?
Magic
Magic

Number of posts : 93
Tony Christie speaks about Arctic Monkeys cover Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Tony Christie speaks about Arctic Monkeys cover Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Tony Christie speaks about Arctic Monkeys cover Empty Re: Tony Christie speaks about Arctic Monkeys cover

Post by L Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:13 pm

Could anyone ever?
L
L
Admin

Number of posts : 330
Tony Christie speaks about Arctic Monkeys cover Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Tony Christie speaks about Arctic Monkeys cover Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:14 pm

Well.... Razz
Magic
Magic

Tony Christie speaks about Arctic Monkeys cover Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Tony Christie speaks about Arctic Monkeys cover Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:18 pm

I think it would be interesting to hear.
Baz
Baz
Admin

Tony Christie speaks about Arctic Monkeys cover Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Tony Christie speaks about Arctic Monkeys cover Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:35 pm

You would think that1
Magic
Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:39 pm

I am open to muzak.
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down