Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Ronson speaks about Amy Winehouse 'Quincy Jones' collaboration

Go down

Mark Ronson speaks about Amy Winehouse 'Quincy Jones' collaboration Empty Mark Ronson speaks about Amy Winehouse 'Quincy Jones' collaboration

Post by Baz Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:00 am

Mark Ronson speaks about Amy Winehouse 'Quincy Jones' collaboration 5-59

Mark Ronson has spoken about his latest collaboration with Amy Winehouse on a forthcoming tribute album for legendary producer Quincy Jones.

The pair are working on a cover of Lesley Gore's 1964 hit 'You Don't Own Me' for the project.

The duo last worked together when they attempted to record the theme to the new James Bond film, 'Quantum Of Solace', only for Ronson to end the sessions due to Winehouse's alleged erratic behaviour.

Jack White and Alicia Keys then recorded the film's theme song.

He said: "We're trying to get this song done for the Quincy Jones record.

"Basically he's got all sorts of different people doing songs that he either produced or wrote, kind of a tribute record. Hopefully we'll get that done."

He also described Lily Allen's forthcoming second album 'It's Not Me, It's You' as a more "grown up" record than her 2006 debut 'Alright, Still', despite the fact he wasn't involved in production duties this time.

Ronson told BBC 6Music: "I've heard a lot of the new record and I think it's great. She's somebody that fills a void in pop music. The way she sings and says things, and puts words together that no one else does. I'm a huge fan of her, whether as a friend or not.

"I think this record is more grown up. I think it's really good."

Ronson is currently putting the finishing touches to The Rumble Strips' second album, which is due out in spring 2009.

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Mark Ronson speaks about Amy Winehouse 'Quincy Jones' collaboration Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Mark Ronson speaks about Amy Winehouse 'Quincy Jones' collaboration Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down