Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snow Patrol - Take back the city

+2
jackie 46
Baz
6 posters

Go down

Snow Patrol - Take back the city Empty Snow Patrol - Take back the city

Post by Baz Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:26 am

The list of stats that accompanies this comeback single makes impressive reading. After shifting 1.6 million copies of their 2003 album Final Straw, Snow Patrol went supernova with 2006's Eyes Open, scaling the charts in America, Australia and pretty much everywhere in between. The cherry on the cake? The monster smash 'Chasing Cars', which is still a permanent fixture on local radio stations and X Factor auditions.

'Take Back The City', the trailer single from album number five, lacks the angst-packed punch of their best moments. Instead, it attempts to unite the group's new-found love for all things epic and U2-ish with their scruffier indie roots. The chugging guitars are depressingly predictable, but Gary Lightbody's murky lyrics ("It bares its teeth like a light and spits me out after days") provide some much-needed depth. Truth be told, 'Take Back The City' doesn't quite hit the spot, but it won't do anything to harm Snow Patrol's blossoming mass appeal.

Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Snow Patrol - Take back the city Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Snow Patrol - Take back the city Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Snow Patrol - Take back the city Empty Re: Snow Patrol - Take back the city

Post by jackie 46 Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:31 am

Too drowl.
jackie 46
jackie 46

Number of posts : 4999
Snow Patrol - Take back the city Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Snow Patrol - Take back the city Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by L Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:25 am

This has been getting a fairly good amount of airplay lately. I like it. It's typical snow-patrol-ish.. I like most of their stuff..
L
L
Admin

Number of posts : 330
Snow Patrol - Take back the city Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Snow Patrol - Take back the city Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Remy Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:43 am

I love that band, but not this song. I don't know, something is wrong with it IMO I guess I am used to Chasing Cars, Open your eyes kind of songs with them.
However the video is ace !
Remy
Remy

Number of posts : 133
Snow Patrol - Take back the city Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Snow Patrol - Take back the city Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-03

http://underground69.skyrock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mercury Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:50 am

Not bad.
Dave Mercury
Dave Mercury

Number of posts : 2858
Snow Patrol - Take back the city Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Snow Patrol - Take back the city Right_bar_bleue

http://www.ashfieldangling@piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by YePiF Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:12 am

Good song. I wonder how high on the chart it will get
YePiF
YePiF

Number of posts : 281
Snow Patrol - Take back the city Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Snow Patrol - Take back the city Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:16 am

It debuted at no. 15 this week.
Baz
Baz
Admin

Snow Patrol - Take back the city Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Snow Patrol - Take back the city Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by YePiF Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:23 am

Baz wrote:It debuted at no. 15 this week.

Thanks. That would be pretty bad if it was released in physical and download already. I thourght they might get number 1 with there comeback single
YePiF
YePiF

Number of posts : 281
Snow Patrol - Take back the city Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Snow Patrol - Take back the city Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:45 pm

Pink debuted at no. 36 on downloads and then went to no.1 the following week when the physical format was released.
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by L Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:22 am

I don't like to compare anything to Chasing Cars or Run, cuz in my view they were outstanding tracks. I don't think it's realistic to expect every track they release to be as good.
L
L
Admin

Number of posts : 330
Snow Patrol - Take back the city Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Snow Patrol - Take back the city Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Remy Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:54 am

L wrote:I don't like to compare anything to Chasing Cars or Run, cuz in my view they were outstanding tracks. I don't think it's realistic to expect every track they release to be as good.

I agree in a certain extent but we know they have so much potential to make amazing songs like Chasing Cars therefore people see that in them and expect more from them. That's what I am doing without wanting it. And it happens with pretty much all singers: you made one amazing song, you can be sure the next one will be less liked.
Remy
Remy

Number of posts : 133
Snow Patrol - Take back the city Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Snow Patrol - Take back the city Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-03

http://underground69.skyrock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down