Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Jackie - The World Should Revolve Around Me

Go down

Little Jackie - The World Should Revolve Around Me Empty Little Jackie - The World Should Revolve Around Me

Post by Baz Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:07 am

Release date: 25-8-2008

Little Jackie may sound like a US rap prodigy who's a stickler for correct enunciation, but it's actually a pop duo formed by Imani Coppola, the singer-songwriter who scored a minor hit with 'Legend of a Cowgirl' a decade or so ago, and a multi-instrumentalist called Adam Pallin. This debut single has been all over the radio for a couple of weeks now.

It's not hard to see why, because 'The World Should Revolve Around Me' is fairly irresistible, managing to sound timeless, retro and very now all at the same time. Over strings that swell like they're on an old Motown record, Coppola rebuilds her ego after a painful break-up. "Keep doing that chick from down the block," she sings with deceptive sweetness, "I don't need you around, I know I rock!" On this evidence, she's not wrong.

Original article here

Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Little Jackie - The World Should Revolve Around Me Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Little Jackie - The World Should Revolve Around Me Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down