Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Estelle: 'Jeremy Paxman treated Dizzee Rascal like an idiot'

Go down

Estelle: 'Jeremy Paxman treated Dizzee Rascal like an idiot' Empty Estelle: 'Jeremy Paxman treated Dizzee Rascal like an idiot'

Post by Baz Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:44 am

Estelle has slammed BBC presenter Jeremy Paxman following his interview with Dizzee Rascal on the 'Newsnight' TV show on November 5.

On the programme Paxman asked Dizzee if he felt he was \"British\", and discussed the possibility of the rapper ever entering politics himself.

Estelle has since accused Paxman of treating Dizzee like an "idiot".

She told the New Statesman, "I was like, 'He is taking you for an idiot right now! Did no-one brief you?' Paxman's not going to get away with asking me, 'Do I think I'm British?'"

The BBC responded by saying, "The topics being discussed were race, nationality and identity, and this question was a natural part of that discussion."

Replying to Paxman, Dizzee said, "Course I'm British, man – you know me. It doesn't matter what colour you are. It matters what colour your heart is man, and your intentions.

"I think a black man, purple man, martian man could run the country as long as he does right by the people."

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Estelle: 'Jeremy Paxman treated Dizzee Rascal like an idiot' Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Estelle: 'Jeremy Paxman treated Dizzee Rascal like an idiot' Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down