Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose slams 'Guitar Hero'

Go down

Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose slams 'Guitar Hero' Empty Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose slams 'Guitar Hero'

Post by Baz Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:28 am

Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose has slammed Activision, the makers of computer game 'Guitar Hero', for using his band's songs in the game.

In an open letter to fans, the singer hinted that legal proceedings may occur, saying that "it'll need some sorting".

Rose said that he didn't object to former Guns guitarist Slash being involved in the game, but claimed that the songs 'Welcome To The Jungle' and 'Sweet Child O' Mine' were being used in an "unauthorised" state.

"Him [Slash] being [in] 'Guitar Hero''s fine but not when Activison in using '…Jungle'… unauthorized," he wrote in the garbled letter.

"I wasn't broadsided," he continued. "I read about it as it moved along but Activision continually denied it right up to the release. That's some low life chicanery on all their parts.

"Yes, Slash was in Guns and on '…Jungle' and he has rights to perform it, but not to be represented in this context in association with Guns. And since they weren't granted the license it'll take some sorting."

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose slams 'Guitar Hero' Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose slams 'Guitar Hero' Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down