Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adele - I wanted to do a happy record but I'm too sad

2 posters

Go down

Adele - I wanted to do a happy record but I'm too sad Empty Adele - I wanted to do a happy record but I'm too sad

Post by Baz Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:57 am

Adele - I wanted to do a happy record but I'm too sad 14-23

Singing sensation Adele has told how fame put paid to her love life.

But every cloud, as they say, and for fans the break-up could mean an album as brooding and brilliant as debut 19.

That CD is full of emotive break-up songs after Adele used it to pour her heart out about a failed relationship.

This summer the 20-year-old Londoner — full name Adele Adkins — revealed she had found love again.

But the relationship ended because boyfriend Michael couldn’t handle her fame.

The Chasing Pavements singer, who has just started work on the new collection, explained: “When I had a man in my life I wanted to write a more upbeat record.

“But now we’ve broken up it will probably all be really sad.

“It all got a bit too much. I had never really noticed how well things were going until I had some time off.

“I hadn’t really understood what was going on outside because I’d always been working, doing shows and seeing audiences.

“But when I had time off I was getting stopped about 50 times a day in the street. I didn’t realise I couldn’t just go out and be normal.

“My boyfriend got really freaked out by it.

“He was always saying things like: ‘Who are you?’ to people who walked up to me and asked for an autograph.

“I wanted the next album to be more upbeat but at the moment I’ve been writing ‘wish this happened, wish that happened’ stuff.”

Despite her bubbly persona Adele admits to a gloomier side.

She said: “There is another side to me. I can’t really talk about my feelings when I’m upset so I have to write about them. Once I’ve done that then I’m fine. I get it out of my system. It’s like therapy.”

Adele — who recently moved out of her mum’s South London flat and into her own Notting Hill pad — also admitted she has given up drinking after a string of alcohol-influenced mistakes in her personal life.

She said: “I was drinking a lot earlier this year but now I’ve stopped completely.

“It was clouding my judgment and making me make all the wrong decisions in my personal life. You want a beer to relax after a show then that turns into nine.

“Then there are parties and other people’s gigs and aftershow parties. Drink is always around. It’s hard.

“I make much better decisions when I’m not drunk.

“I have never touched drugs and never will.

“Now I watch Disney films to relax. The other day I bought both the Toy Story films, Finding Nemo, Aladdin, Mulan, Cinderella and Snow White. I’m such a loser.”

The singer’s promise earned her a Brit Award before she had even released a single.

Then, when 19 was released in January, it went straight to No1.

The album is now riding high in the American chart too after Adele sung on hit US TV show Saturday Night Live and another guest was Republican politician Sarah Palin.

Having Palin as a guest meant 17million viewers tuned in, giving the programme its biggest ratings for more than 14 years.

Following the programme 19 flew to No1 in the US iTunes chart and now sits in the Top 20 of the Billboard album rundown.

Adele is making a fresh assault on the UK chart too after the release of her mesmerising Bob Dylan cover Make You Feel My Love.

She explained: “Sarah Palin was supposed to be doing Saturday Night Live the following week but she had to move her guest appearance forward.

“It turned out it was one of the biggest shows ever. It was amazing.

“I thought I might have some success in America with my third album so it’s amazing to have done what I have over there after just one.
“And just from one show — it’s ridiculous. Eight hours after being on the TV I was at No1 in the iTunes chart.”

Adele joins troubled Amy Winehouse, X Factor star Leona Lewis, Welsh singer Duffy and R&B artist Estelle as British girls enjoying success the other side of The Pond.

But she insists she will resist any attempts to change her looks in search of further success.

She said: “I don’t feel any pressure to change.

“I am a bit overweight and I wouldn’t encourage anyone to be overweight any more than I would encourage anyone to be underweight.

“It’s important to be comfortable in your own skin, then everyone else will find you adorable too.

“I’m not going to stop eating. Knowing my luck I’d finally get a Cheryl Cole body when I’m 30 — then I’d get pregnant. I’m not bothered.

“Everyone in magazines gets airbrushed. People should know that. It made me laugh when I did my first photoshoot.

“I did a shoot and had this tiny dress jumper thing on with tights. I’ve never had my legs out in a photoshoot before — they’re really short.

“Then this girl stretched them on the screen and made them really long. I had to stop her before it got too silly.

“If you put the UK pop girls who are doing well in a line we represent every different type of look. It’s really encouraging.”

Unlike many other successful female singers, Adele insisted that her career will never move beyond music.

She said: “I’m not going to act, not going to release an autobiography, not going to release a perfume, not going to design a range of clothes.

“I don’t see the point. It makes you more a celebrity than a singer. I don’t want to be a brand.

“I would like to do something behind the scenes in music such as artists and repertoire, management or be a publicist.

“And I’d like to write for other people one day — but not yet.

“I don’t want to be 50 and still singing Chasing Pavements to Fairfield Hall.”

She is not against Madonna taking to the stage in her sixth decade.

But unlike Wembley Stadium, Adele feels her success later in life might not be so great.

Fairfield Hall is a 760-capacity venue in Croydon, South London.

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Adele - I wanted to do a happy record but I'm too sad Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Adele - I wanted to do a happy record but I'm too sad Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Adele - I wanted to do a happy record but I'm too sad Empty Re: Adele - I wanted to do a happy record but I'm too sad

Post by jackie 46 Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:19 am

“Now I watch Disney films to relax. The other day I bought both the Toy Story films, Finding Nemo, Aladdin, Mulan, Cinderella and Snow White. I’m such a loser.”

I like Nemo and Toy Story.
jackie 46
jackie 46

Number of posts : 4999
Adele - I wanted to do a happy record but I'm too sad Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Adele - I wanted to do a happy record but I'm too sad Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Adele - I wanted to do a happy record but I'm too sad Empty Re: Adele - I wanted to do a happy record but I'm too sad

Post by Baz Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:22 am

I haven't seen Nemo. I like TS though.
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Adele - I wanted to do a happy record but I'm too sad Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Adele - I wanted to do a happy record but I'm too sad Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down