Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oasis joined by 50-piece choir in London

3 posters

Go down

Oasis joined by 50-piece choir in London Empty Oasis joined by 50-piece choir in London

Post by Baz Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:53 am

Oasis performed with a choir last night (October 26) as they wrapped up the 2008 BBC Electric Proms in London.

Joined by the Crouch End Festival Chorus on six songs at the Roundhouse in Camden, the band played a set that mixed their usual rock 'n' roll with the choral backing.

Already buoyed by their rehearsals with the 50-piece on ensemble, with Noel Gallagher calling them "immense, celestial in fact", the choir joined in on 'The Masterplan', 'I'm Outta Time', 'Wonderwall', 'Don't Look Back In Anger', and the show's climax of 'Champagne Supernova' and the traditional closing cover of The Beatles' 'I Am The Walrus'.

The touted cover of The Rolling Stones 'We Love You', however, did not materialise.

Oasis played:

'Rock 'N' Roll Star'
'Lyla'
'The Shock Of The Lightning'
'Cigarettes And Alcohol'
'The Meaning Of Soul'
'To Be Where There's Life'
'Wating For The Rapture'
'The Masterplan'
'Songbird'
'Slide Away'
'Morning Glory'
'Ain't Got Nothin''
'The Importance Of Being Idle'
'I'm Outta Time'
'Wonderwall'
'Supersonic'
'Don't Look Back In Anger'
'Falling Down'
'Champagne Supernova'
'I Am The Walrus'

As previously reported, Oasis sold out their 2009 summer stadium tour, shifting half a million tickets in five hours. They have since added extra shows in Manchester and London, and a new date in Coventry.

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Oasis joined by 50-piece choir in London Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Oasis joined by 50-piece choir in London Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Oasis joined by 50-piece choir in London Empty Re: Oasis joined by 50-piece choir in London

Post by jackie 46 Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:31 am

Wonder Wall is the only song I like by Oasis.
jackie 46
jackie 46

Number of posts : 4999
Oasis joined by 50-piece choir in London Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Oasis joined by 50-piece choir in London Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Oasis joined by 50-piece choir in London Empty Re: Oasis joined by 50-piece choir in London

Post by Baz Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:37 am

She's electric is my favourite.
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Oasis joined by 50-piece choir in London Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Oasis joined by 50-piece choir in London Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mercury Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:39 am

Watched about half a hour of the show last night, not bad.
Dave Mercury
Dave Mercury

Number of posts : 2858
Oasis joined by 50-piece choir in London Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Oasis joined by 50-piece choir in London Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.ashfieldangling@piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down