Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florence Hall

4 posters

Go down

Florence Hall Empty Florence Hall

Post by Florence Hall Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:11 am

Florence Hall 13

Hello - I finally logged in - sorry Baz for taking so long.

I had a lovely holiday but the reason I haven't posted updates with the music is that it's all at a standstill. One of the writers from years ago has some issues and is causing a delay, which I have to say has cheesed me off but it's not really his fault. I have to do something like apply for a license to release the album and EP from MCPS but as I am dealing with the States they have a few different rules and no one seems to be able to give a straight answer. If anyone is working on a small indie - please please get in contact!

Good news is the States like the EP and about 30 radio stations are playing it. Bad news is that I am so tired from my day job I seem to have no time to promote anything right now. Have to knuckle down in these cold winter nights!

I love how your new site looks - very classy. Will read up on it all soon - need the goss!

FH
x
Florence Hall
Florence Hall

Number of posts : 31
Florence Hall Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Florence Hall Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-30

Back to top Go down

Florence Hall Empty Re: Florence Hall

Post by Tom Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:16 am

Hello FH, but who are you?
Tom
Tom

Number of posts : 1693
Florence Hall Left_bar_bleue7 / 1007 / 100Florence Hall Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-28

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:23 am

Nice to hear from you Florence. Sorry to hear that someone has thrown a spanner in the works but it's great news you are getting airplay in the states.

And Tom. Florence is a musician. This is how her music is described on the internet.

"A cocophony of sounds and styles. Influenced by all the great pop, dance and rock acts to give a feeling of light and dark merging together with acoustic sounds and processed beats."

Here is a bit about her:

Florence Hall - ah where to begin - music is the life force in the blood in my veins but then so is a good cake.

"Growing up I listened to so many bands from different genres. My parents were into Pink Floyd and Eric Clapton with a bit of Eagles. My sister was a fan or eighties pop and Motown. My brothers loved Jimi Hendrix and Led Zep.

I now have a huge collection of music and would cite some wonderful bands and artists such as Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Jeff Buckley, Nick Drake, Radiohead to name but a few as influential in my writing sound. Now there are so many people to love and appreciate. I think Amy Winehouse, Ray LaMontagne, Scott Matthews, Basement Jaxx, Bat for Lashes are brilliant artists with great songs. I could go on forever about who I like there’s not much I don’t so I will stop now.

I used to think I couldn’t sing that well as in all my drama classes everyone had show tune voices and my didn’t exactly fit the grade. But at University my friend Mikey convinced me to do our open mic night Unplugged. He played guitar and I sung Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm. It went well and form then on we spent countless nights writing music and lyrics together.

We started a band called D^coda and recorded a couple of demos and had a dark imaginative synth sound like a Velvet Underground without the drums. We used to gig all over London. The time moved on and after a few years the band split, though I stayed writing with my friend Mikey for many years to come.

And so not wanting to give up on the dream and needing to follow my heart I became a solo female artist. I wrote acoustically every day with three different songwriters and gave myself a dead line of three months. I then built a sound booth and mini studio into my flat to record so we all wouldn’t have huge costs for recording.

I thought it would take a matter of months but what with working it has taken a few years.

It takes time to develop a piece and find your sound. We released Always on the Run and another track Over ride into the club scene and both received extensive radio play on student radio over here and in Europe. Always on the Run even made it to single of the week on a station in Spain.

And so here’s the first EP from my album. The album itself is a concept of love and tells a story of the sides of love good and bad. From being on your own to falling in love, falling out of love and back to the beginning. To represent each stage each track is a different genre. People try and put you in a box with your sound but music is for everyone and everyone has different tastes so I have tried to something that sounds original. Enjoy!

FH

x"

Hope you don't mind Florence but I tarted your post up and put it in the news section. Very Happy

Last edited by Baz on Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Florence Hall Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Florence Hall Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:29 am

I found a review of the EP.

"I generally don’t review EPs since often they aren’t available for sale and that’s just not fair to say “this is great, you should get it! Oh wait, you can’t!”. But this one is on iTunes and CDBaby so here it is: This is great, you should get it! (Oh I crack myself up.)

But really, this is a good little ep. I’d say it’s more in the electronic-pop vein. She makes nice use of some cool toys.

These are fun melodies that are only enhanced (as opposed to overcome) by the added sounds.

The title track, Always on the Run is full out dance music. I can imagine this playing well in a club.

Surrendered is the mellower of the three with just a touch of electronics and an emphasis on the voice. ..and a lovely voice it is.

I am looking forward to hearing more from Florence Hall.

Track Listing

1. Sync
2. Always on the Run
3. Surrendered

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Florence Hall Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:53 am

Blimey I hadn't seen that one - that's lovely - thanks Baz - made my day!

FH
x
Florence Hall
Florence Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by jackie 46 Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:17 am

Hello Florence.
jackie 46
jackie 46

Number of posts : 4999
Florence Hall Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Florence Hall Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Florence Hall Empty Hello Jackie 46 - how are you?!

Post by Florence Hall Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:16 am

FH
x
Florence Hall
Florence Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:22 am

I found this on Youtube. Over ride.

Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Florence Hall Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:52 am

that was a giggle doing that video.

Just waiting on the mastering unit to be delivered so we can finally do this album - so far a two week delay! Arghhhh.

But the album cover is done - just doing a promo run at the momentso it can launch digitally.
Florence Hall
Florence Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:48 am

Let us see the artwork when you can. And keep us up to date please.
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jackie 46 Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:06 pm

Well done Florence.
jackie 46