Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard'

5 posters

Go down

Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard' Empty Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard'

Post by Baz Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:04 am

Fans of Sir Cliff Richard have accused Oasis of ripping off their idol.

Users on internet forums have claimed that 'The Turning', the second track on the Manchester band's new album, 'Dig Out Your Soul', out today (October 6), is similar to Richard's 1976 song 'Devil Woman'.

Click on the video below to hear 'The Turning'.

"This is a rip-off," claimed one forum poster. "What'll they do next? Remix 'Mistletoe And Wine'?"

Janine Castle of the International Cliff Richard Movement, was more positive about the supposed similarity, telling the Daily Mirror, "I'm astounded Oasis used Cliff as their muse - but delighted."

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard' Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard' Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard' Empty Re: Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard'

Post by Dave Mercury Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:08 am

I can definitely hear Devil Woman in the background, Noel and Liam will be commiting suicide at being linked to Cliff Laughing
Dave Mercury
Dave Mercury

Number of posts : 2858
Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard' Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard' Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.ashfieldangling@piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard' Empty Re: Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard'

Post by jackie 46 Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:39 am

If no one had mention cliff Richard I wouldn't have thought that's what it sounded like.
jackie 46
jackie 46

Number of posts : 4999
Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard' Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard' Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by L Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:20 pm

HaHa.. I can't think of anyone less like Cliffy than those Gallacher brothers! That story is too funny!
L
L
Admin

Number of posts : 330
Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard' Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard' Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruth Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:31 am

Perhaps a slight resemblance to Devil Woman - but if nobody had pointed it out, I certainly wouldn't have noticed.
Ruth
Ruth

Number of posts : 19
Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard' Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard' Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://bloggingtrash.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by L Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:42 am

I finally got to listen to both tracks together, and yeah, they are alike.. haha..

I suppose sooner or later all songs are going to sound like something else.. there's so much music out there..
L
L
Admin

Number of posts : 330
Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard' Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Oasis 'ripping off Sir Cliff Richard' Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down