Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pussycat Dolls - When I grow up

2 posters

Go down

Pussycat Dolls - When I grow up Empty Pussycat Dolls - When I grow up

Post by Baz Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:26 am

After a failed attempt at becoming a solo artist, Nicole Scherzinger decided to regroup with her four backup dancers and continue on with the Pussycat Dolls. On “When I Grow Up,” she still seems to be the only one providing any distinguishable vocals, which disappoints me. Other members of the group, like Melody Thornton, have proven they are capable of singing. They could at least allow the rest of the dolls to sing backup vocals.

With that said, Nicole didn’t come back to an actual group. She’s just releasing more solo material with some high-profile backup dancers at her side. But she’s still a fantastic vocalist. Her voice bends and twists to fit the different tones and moods of the song; never sounding weak and always having personality. It makes me wonder if she’s the only one who sings because it’s written somewhere in their contracts, or if she’s just that much better than the rest of the group.

With the vocals aside, Darkchild served it up hot with this one. The beat is a danceable, guitar driven club banger with some synths jumping in at the chorus to give some modern flavor to the song. The lyrics are fun and have the same conceited nature as “Don’t Cha” and most of their songs afterward. The cliché, “Be careful what you wish for / ‘Cause you just might get it,” seems to be the strongest line of all, but doesn’t exactly fit the tone of the song.

After hearing it, I feel like I’ll be eternally confused as to whether or not the Pussycat Dolls are calling fame a curse or not.

“When I Grow Up” may not become worldwide phenomenon like some of its ancestors did, but it will certainly remind us that we should have missed the Pussycat Dolls while they were gone.

Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Pussycat Dolls - When I grow up Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Pussycat Dolls - When I grow up Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Pussycat Dolls - When I grow up Empty Re: Pussycat Dolls - When I grow up

Post by jackie 46 Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:46 am

Hate it.
jackie 46
jackie 46

Number of posts : 4999
Pussycat Dolls - When I grow up Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Pussycat Dolls - When I grow up Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down