Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duffy: I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown

3 posters

Go down

Duffy: I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown Empty Duffy: I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown

Post by Baz Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:30 am

Duffy: I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown 12-10

Though many see Duffy as a more stable, second-rate version of Amy Winehouse, that impression may not last. Not because Duffy is about to embrace a new musical direction – rather because she's not so stable. "I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown," she told the Western Mail in a recent interview. "Can I handle this? Do I want to disappear?"

2008 has been the Year of Duffy. In a matter of months she went from nobody to VIP – making the headlines, topping the charts, and playing arenas on both sides of the Atlantic. But in the Western Mail interview, the Welsh singer seemed shell-shocked by her sudden rise. "I'm not feeling very calm," she said. "I'm never really calm any more."

"I just need to get things right because if I take my finger off the pulse I immediately feel the quality isn't as good. It's a full-time thing I have on my hands. I can't just turn up, sing and then go to bed. I have to be so hard on myself."

"All the doubts I have are of myself," she said.

Though the 24-year-old is about to embark on a US tour with Coldplay, she has not exactly been reassured by previous experiences. "I spent 80% of my time in the US playing shit-holes, and when I say shit-holes I mean it," she said. "Two thousand tickets sold but the toilets don't have a seat on them, or they don't have a shower – and I flew a long way to be there. You stand there thinking 'Wow, this thing that I created is changing so much of who I am.'"

She misses "going to the fish and chip shop, going to the beach, seeing my mates and being able to speak Welsh and have a pint of Guinness in the local".

But on the bright side, well ... loads of money? Maybe not. "I don't know if I can afford to buy a new pair of tights," she told the Western Mail, perhaps bamboozled by label advances, contracts and paperwork. "I just do it ... Maybe for Christmas we can go on a big holiday, and buy a big turkey from M&S instead of Aldi this year."

For the time being, Duffy's only reassurance seems to be her fans. "It would be wrong for me to disappear," she said. "I have to go and play for the fans. It's not about selling the product, it's about doing it right for the people who have bought it."

And, hopefully, not killing yourself in the process.

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Duffy: I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Duffy: I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Duffy: I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown Empty Re: Duffy: I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown

Post by jackie 46 Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:18 am

Why can't she go to the fish and chip shop no ones stopping her.
jackie 46
jackie 46

Number of posts : 4999
Duffy: I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Duffy: I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Duffy: I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown Empty Re: Duffy: I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown

Post by Baz Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:31 am

I think all her time is taken up and she is talking about the fish and chip shop in her home town.
Baz
Baz
Admin

Duffy: I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Duffy: I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jackie 46 Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:35 am

These stars complain about anything now she's busy she's not liking the pressure.
jackie 46
jackie 46

Duffy: I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Duffy: I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:40 am

I think there is a lot of pressure on them now though, Moreso ever than before.
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jackie 46 Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:36 am

Well you can't have you're cake and eat it?
jackie 46
jackie 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:40 am

Yeah but I think it's a lot harder today and they don't know what to expect. They got her begging them for mercy!
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jackie 46 Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:03 am

Ha Ha!!
jackie 46
jackie 46

Back to top Go down

Post by L Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:09 am

I think it's the shock factor more than anything else. It seems like she's been making music for a while, but she kinda became a household name overnight.. and I think that's what freaked her out.. Suddenly she's famous. She spent years trying to be famous, but wasn't ready for the reality of it.

I don't fancy it to be honest. I'll just stick with being infamous. Wink
L
L
Admin

Number of posts : 330
Duffy: I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Duffy: I'm borderline on a nervous breakdown Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down