Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack White discusses James Bond collaboration with Alicia Keys

Go down

Jack White discusses James Bond collaboration with Alicia Keys Empty Jack White discusses James Bond collaboration with Alicia Keys

Post by Baz Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:34 am

Jack White has spoken out about his collaboration with Alicia Keys on the theme song for the upcoming James Bond film 'Another Way To Die'.

The White Stripes and The Raconteurs frontman, who wrote, produced and sang on the track, said that he's been wanting to collaborate with Keys for quite a while.

“After a couple of years of wanting to collaborate with Alicia Keys, it took James Bond himself to finally make it happen," White said in a statement. "Alicia put some electric energy into her breath that cemented itself into the magnetic tape. Very inspiring to watch.

He added that the collaboration "gave me a new voice, and I wasn't myself anymore. I drummed for her voice and she mimicked the guitar tones, then we joined our voices and screamed and moaned about these characters in the film and their isolation, having no one to trust, not even themselves. Maybe we became them for a few minutes."

White said that the Memphis Horns played on the song, which is the first duet in Bond history, as well as "some of Nashville's finest. It might be the first analogue Bond theme in 20 years. We wanted to push soul into those tapes, and join the family of Barry, Bassey, Connery and Craig," he said.

The film, 'Quantum Of Solace', is due to hit theatres in November. Meanwhile, White kicks off a series of European festival dates with The Raconteurs on Saturday (August 23) and begins a North American tour on September 16.

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Jack White discusses James Bond collaboration with Alicia Keys Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Jack White discusses James Bond collaboration with Alicia Keys Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down