Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Brian Wilson team up for new War Child album

Go down

Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Brian Wilson team up for new War Child album Empty Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Brian Wilson team up for new War Child album

Post by Baz Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:31 am

A new album of covers for the charity War Child is to be released on November 22.

'Heroes' sees music legends including Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, The Clash, David Bowie and Brian Wilson chose a song from their back catalogue to be covered by a modern-day artist - also chosen by them.

Paul McCartney has picked Duffy to cover his 1973 Wings classic 'Live And Let Die', while Hot Chip take on Joy Division's 'Transmission'.

Other artists appearing on the album include The Kooks (covering The Kinks' 'Victoria'), Rufus Wainwright (singing a medley of two tracks from Brian Wilson's 'Smile') and Beck, who was asked by Bob Dylan to cover 'Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat'.

The artwork for 'Heroes' has been created by former Stone Roses guitarist John Squire, who also provided the cover for War Child's 1995 album 'Help'.

Speaking about the album, Paul McCartney said: "I have been supporting War Child since 1995. Their work with children in war zones saves lives and their work with those who take decisions that help them to do something about it saves even more lives.

"I think Duffy's version of 'Live And Let Die' is great - I was really impressed. The breadth of talent on this project is amazing; it's great that so many people gave their time, energy and support to this initiative. I urge everyone to support War Child."

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Brian Wilson team up for new War Child album Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Brian Wilson team up for new War Child album Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Brian Wilson team up for new War Child album Empty Re: Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Brian Wilson team up for new War Child album

Post by Baz Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:04 am

The release of War Child's 'Heroes' compilation album has been delayed until February 2009.

The charity record, which features the likes of Paul McCartney, Duffy, Brian Wilson and Hot Chip, had initially been scheduled for release on November 22.

However War Child have now decided to wait, as more artists have asked to take part in the record since its initial announcement.

"We have been overwhelmed and amazed by the response to the project," explained the charity. "The wealth of talent who have contacted us wishing to support the charity and contribute to the album is humbling and we are delighted to have been able to change our deadlines to accommodate some of them. It was impossible to say no."

'Heroes' sees music legends choose a song from their back catalogue to be covered by a modern-day artist - also chosen by them.

Other artists appearing on the album include The Kooks (covering The Kinks' 'Victoria') and Beck, who was asked by Bob Dylan to cover 'Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat'.

The artwork for 'Heroes' has been created by former Stone Roses guitarist John Squire, who also provided the cover for War Child's 1995 album 'Help'.

Speaking about the album previously Paul McCartney said: "I have been supporting War Child since 1995. Their work with children in war zones saves lives and their work with those who take decisions that help them to do something about it saves even more lives.

"I think Duffy's version of 'Live And Let Die' is great - I was really impressed. The breadth of talent on this project is amazing - it's great that so many people gave their time, energy and support to this initiative. I urge everyone to support War Child."

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Brian Wilson team up for new War Child album Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Brian Wilson team up for new War Child album Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down