Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gorillaz start work on third album

2 posters

Go down

Gorillaz start work on third album Empty Gorillaz start work on third album

Post by Baz Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:22 am

Blur's Damon Albarn and animator Jamie Hewlett are set to begin work on a new Gorillaz album.

The pair also revealed that the release may see a new visual look for the animated band.

Damon Albarn stated that there would be no more Gorillaz albums last year, but has now told CBC that he has already begun work on the album.

"We're doing another Gorillaz record," explained the songwriter. "We came back from summer holidays and realized we could do exactly what we wanted to do with Gorillaz. Essentially, Jamie just had to agree to draw the characters again. 'Cause I just do what I do anyway."

"I'm so fucking bored of drawing those characters," added Hewlett. "But then we had a moment where we had a new angle on it."

"We're not entirely certain [what it will be like]; we generally just go with our gut," said Albarn. "I dunno. We are obtuse and quite abstract, really. We play a game but it's not strictly the game. Sometimes it really works and sometimes... Actually, usually it really works."

The forthcoming third album will be the follow-up to 2005's 'Demon Days' and 2001's self-titled album.

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Gorillaz start work on third album Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Gorillaz start work on third album Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Gorillaz start work on third album Empty Re: Gorillaz start work on third album

Post by YePiF Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:32 am

About time Razz lol
YePiF
YePiF

Number of posts : 281
Gorillaz start work on third album Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Gorillaz start work on third album Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down