Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms

3 posters

Go down

Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms Empty Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms

Post by Baz Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:53 am

Keane and Chaka Khan will play London gigs in October as part of the BBC Electic Proms.

According to bbc.co.uk/electricproms, Keane will headline the London Koko venue on October 23.

Chaka Khan will play at London Dingwalls on October 22.

The acts join the likes of and The Streets, who will also perform as part of the series of gigs.

The shows are set to be broadcast on BBC radio and TV channels.

Complete performances will be available to watch online at www.bbc.co.uk/electricproms

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms Empty Re: Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms

Post by jackie 46 Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:39 am

I like Chaka Khan.
jackie 46
jackie 46

Number of posts : 4999
Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms Empty Re: Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms

Post by Baz Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:05 am

Razorlight, Burt Bacharach and Goldfrapp are set to play live as part of the BBC Electic Proms later this year.

Bee Gees man Robin Gibb will also collaborate with Sam Sparro and for a show at the London Roundhouse venue on an unconfirmed date.

Razorlight will play a headline show in Liverpool, although venue and date details have not been announced yet.

Burt Bacharach will play live at the Roundhouse with the BBC Concert Orchestra and singers Adele, Beth Rowley and Jamie Cullum on October 25.

Details of the Goldfrapp and Maddy Prior shows are yet to be announced.

The shows are set to be broadcast on BBC radio and TV channels.

Complete performances will be available to watch online at www.bbc.co.uk/electricproms.

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:02 am

Santogold has been added to the line-up of the forthcoming BBC Electric Proms gig series.

The singer, backed up by her dance troupe and band, will support The Streets at the London Roundhouse on October 23.

Santogold, real name Santi White, joins the likes of Keane, The Last Shadow Puppets and Razorlight, who are also set for Electric Proms gigs.

See bbc.co.uk/electricproms for more information.

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:40 am

Burt Bacharach played a spectacular hit-laden 90-minute set as part of the BBC Electric Proms in London last night (October 22).

The legendary songwriter, backed throughout by the BBC Concert Orchestra, was joined at the Roundhouse in Camden by guests Jamie Cullum (for 'Make It Easy On Yourself'), Beth Rowley (for 'Twenty Four Hours From Tulsa') and Adele (for 'Baby It's You').

The set was made up of medleys of his compositions interspersed with a newer orchestral piece entitled 'For The Children'.

The 81-year-old sang a little himself, adding vocals to the first verses of 'The Look Of Love' and 'Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head', as well as the whole of 'Alfie'.

Burt Bacharach played:

'What The World Needs Now Is Love'
'Don't Make Me Over'
'Walk On By'
'This Guy's In Love With You'
'I Say A Little Prayer'
'Trains & Boats & Planes'
'Wishin & Hopin''
'(There's) Always Something There To Remind Me'
'One Less Bell'
'I'll Never Fall In Love Again'
'Only Love Can Break A Heart'
'Do You Know The Way To San Jose'
'Anyone Who Had A Heart'
'Make It Easy On Yourself'
'(They Long To Be) Close To You'
'Twenty Four Hours From Tulsa'
'For The Children'
'Baby It's You'
'The Look Of Love'
'Arthur's Theme'
'What's New Pussycat?'
'The World Is A Circle'
'April Fools'
'Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head'
'The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance'
'Alfie'
'A House Is Not A Home'
'Any Day Now'
'Magic Moments'
'Story Of My Life'
'The Blob'
'Tower Of Strength'

The BBC Electric Proms gig series continues tonight (October 23) with performances from The Streets (at the London Roundhouse) and Keane (at London KOKO).

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:55 am

Last edited by Baz on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mercury Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:06 am

Great composer, and very nice guy i'm told.
Dave Mercury
Dave Mercury

Number of posts : 2858
Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms Right_bar_bleue

http://www.ashfieldangling@piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mercury Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:05 am

BB was on the One Show last night, bloody missed it.
Dave Mercury
Dave Mercury

Number of posts : 2858
Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms Right_bar_bleue

http://www.ashfieldangling@piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jackie 46 Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:38 am

I like that song.
jackie 46
jackie 46

Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Keane, Chaka Khan for BBC Electric Proms Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:19 pm

Do you like the original by Cilla?
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jackie 46 Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:22 pm

Yes I do.
jackie 46
jackie 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:27 pm

I never liked Cilla. "Alfffiiieeee"!!! I was trying to find Adele's performance but no luck.
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down