Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Sampson - Get Up On The Dance Floor

3 posters

Go down

George Sampson - Get Up On The Dance Floor Empty George Sampson - Get Up On The Dance Floor

Post by Baz Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:20 am

Monday 24th November will see a battle of boy versus men as the prince of breakdance, George Sampson, takes on the kings of pop, Take That, in a modern day David and Goliath fight.

George Sampson will release his hugely anticipated double A side debut single ‘Get Up On The Dance Floor’ and ‘Headz Up’ in a highly contested fight for top spot which will see him battling it out with McFly’s ‘Do Ya’, Same Difference’s ‘We R One’ and Take That’s epic ‘ Greatest Day.’

Britain’s Got Talent winner George is no stranger to the spotlight and he’ll be hoping to outshine his competitors when the number one is announced on Sunday 30th November. All proceeds from the double A side single will go to the Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity.

Get Up On The Dance Floor is an infectious dance track which sees George unveil some stunning new steps on a spectacular set featuring the best dance crews in the UK. His signature song is set to storm the charts and go down in history, sampling an eclectic mix of legendary music from iconic eras. The track recreates classics including the rock ‘n’ roll sound of ‘Jailhouse Rock’, electro beats of Snap’s ‘The Power’ and the hip hop anthem ‘Jump Around’ by House of Pain. Number one smash ‘It’s Like That’ and Seventies soul hit ‘Play That Funky Music’ also feature in this groundbreaking single that will get you on your feet!

In Headz Up, which infuses hip hop beats with a funky pop sound, George showcases his vocal talents as well as his awesome dance moves. He first performed the track at the BBC Radio 1 Teen Switch event in October to a rapturous reception and the slice of hip hop pop is already a fan favourite.

Taking on some of the biggest boy bands in history is a big challenge for George “I’m so excited for the release of my single – the most nerve-wracking thing is that it’s the same week as Take That and McFly, they are huge bands and then there is little old me who was busking this time last year!”

“I wanted to donate proceeds from this to Great Ormond Street – kids charities are really important to me. I have had such a great year I want to do something to help kids who really need it. The kids there are so amazing, so positive and the staff do a great job”

Retailers are also speculating on the release Stephen Lynn, Senior PR Manager of Zavvi commented “George has got a real battle on his hands. Taking on the likes of Take That and McFly is no easy job, even for the most experienced artists. He’s going to have to get every fan he gained from Britain’s Got Talent out there and buying the record, but zavvi are behind him all the way!”

Original article here

Last edited by Baz on Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
George Sampson - Get Up On The Dance Floor Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100George Sampson - Get Up On The Dance Floor Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

George Sampson - Get Up On The Dance Floor Empty Re: George Sampson - Get Up On The Dance Floor

Post by Dave Mercury Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:22 am

Take That will batter him.
Dave Mercury
Dave Mercury

Number of posts : 2858
George Sampson - Get Up On The Dance Floor Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100George Sampson - Get Up On The Dance Floor Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.ashfieldangling@piczo.com

Back to top Go down

George Sampson - Get Up On The Dance Floor Empty Re: George Sampson - Get Up On The Dance Floor

Post by jackie 46 Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:27 am

The music is "Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry".
jackie 46
jackie 46

Number of posts : 4999
George Sampson - Get Up On The Dance Floor Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100George Sampson - Get Up On The Dance Floor Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mercury Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:28 am

jackie 46 wrote:The music is "Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry".
Yeah, a good old 1970s classic.
Dave Mercury
Dave Mercury

George Sampson - Get Up On The Dance Floor Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100George Sampson - Get Up On The Dance Floor Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:30 am

There are loads of samples in there.
Baz
Baz
Admin

George Sampson - Get Up On The Dance Floor Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100George Sampson - Get Up On The Dance Floor Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:25 am

Britain's Got Talent star George Sampson has failed to set the charts on fire with his debut single limping in at No26.

The breakdancing teen heartthrob notched up the lowly position in the midweek charts for the double A-side single Get Up On The Dance Floor/Headz.

Simon Cowell and his label Syco had high hopes for the 15-year-old and banked on him smashing into the top ten.

A private jet had been hired on Monday to take George to CD signings across the country, reports The Sun.

George's chances of chart glory were damaged after a mess-up with the digital version of the single.

Fans haven't been able to download the track from iTunes because of an admin gaffe, sources at Syco claim.

George has previously said that a lot is riding on the single's success.

“The single is crucial to what I do next."

“If it does well I'm going to make an album."

“If more people buy the DVD I'll focus on the dancing again.”

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mercury Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:26 am

Stick to dancing kid Wink
Dave Mercury
Dave Mercury

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down