Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Led Zep reunion: promoter says no

2 posters

Go down

Led Zep reunion: promoter says no Empty Led Zep reunion: promoter says no

Post by Baz Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:26 am

Led Zep reunion: promoter says no 14-5

Led Zeppelin's former promoter has warned the band against a reunion tour, questioning whether there is any "compelling reason" to get back together.

"I certainly don't think they should do a big tour because I can't see the point of it," Harvey Goldsmith told a crowd at the MusExpo conference in London this week. "I think some of the band really want to go out and do it and other parts of the band need to understand why they're doing it, and if there's no compelling reason to do it, then they shouldn't do it."

Goldsmith has long been associated with Led Zeppelin, promoting gigs in the 70s and 80s as well as their reunion at the O2 last December. Though he said he recognises the value of a tour, any reunion gigs ought to be "cause related". "You've got to want to do it. Otherwise it's done for the wrong reasons, and when things are done for the wrong reasons, they don't work."

"I think that there is an opportunity for them to go out and present themselves," he emphasised. "[But] I don't think a long rambling tour is the answer."

Goldsmith was reacting to recent statements by bassist John Paul Jones, confirming that he, Led Zep guitarist Jimmy Page and John Bonham's son Jason were rehearsing with a view to more live gigs. "It's sounding great and we want to get on and get out there," Jones told BBC Radio Devon.

Singer Robert Plant still refuses to participate however, calling the rumours "frustrating and ridiculous". Jones, Page and Bonham have been exploring possible replacements, with Alter Bridge singer Myles Kennedy a stand-out.

Goldsmith waved away these plans. "I doubt it will be called Led Zeppelin," he said. Given Robert Plant's stubbornness, a "real" Zeppelin tour simply isn't on the cards. "I just think it's a lot of talk ... It's wishful thinking."

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Led Zep reunion: promoter says no Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Led Zep reunion: promoter says no Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Led Zep reunion: promoter says no Empty Re: Led Zep reunion: promoter says no

Post by Dave Mercury Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:52 am

I think there's no doubt this tour will go ahead, wish they'd just get on and sort it out.
Dave Mercury
Dave Mercury

Number of posts : 2858
Led Zep reunion: promoter says no Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Led Zep reunion: promoter says no Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.ashfieldangling@piczo.com

Back to top Go down