Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looney tunes cartoons in first ever art gallery warning

3 posters

Go down

Looney tunes cartoons in first ever art gallery warning Empty Looney tunes cartoons in first ever art gallery warning

Post by Baz Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:46 am

Looney tunes cartoons in first ever art gallery warning 20-1

What's up, Doc? Daffy Duck's brains, that's what.

An art gallery has become the first in the world to issue a parental guidance warning over a new exhibition which is set to open.

Splatter is so violent it has been slapped with a Parental Advisory warning at The Aquarium L-13 gallery in Clerkenwell, where the show begins next Friday - the first time such a drastic measure has been taken.

The exhibition is a collaboration between renowned artist James Cauty and his son Harry, 15.

Cauty is best known for being one half of controversial band The KLF, who famously burned £1million in earnings and filmed the proceedings.

It is incredibly bloodthirsty. They get massacred by each other. They blow their heads off with guns

Splatter features a short film with homicidal cartoon characters, three life-size resin sculptures of animated acts of violence and a number of gory 2-D pictures.

Cauty is not bothered about the Parental Advisory warning.

'I guess they have to do that because of the violence,' he said.

'Parental Advisory warnings are just code for something kids will really like. There's blood and guts. They love that sort of thing.

'It is incredibly bloodthirsty. The real consequences of cartoon violence are revealed. They get massacred by each other. They blow their heads off with guns.'

Looney tunes cartoons in first ever art gallery warning 20-2

Cauty said the exhibition took months to become a reality.

'It was my 15 year-old son's idea, he thought up the whole thing and I've been helping him put it together.

'It just kind of came out of the blue. We were walking along the South Bank and he said: “Dad, I've got an idea for a show you could do.” It's like reverse nepotism, the son doing something through his father.'

Looney tunes cartoons in first ever art gallery warning 21-1

The resin pieces, which feature Tom slicing up Jerry and Bugs blowing away Daffy, are worth £20,000 each.

So, if you have ever wondered what would really happen when your favourite cartoon characters committed senseless acts of violence on one another, then this is the art exhibition for you.

If these questions have plagued you throughout childhood, then you are in for a treat.

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Looney tunes cartoons in first ever art gallery warning Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Looney tunes cartoons in first ever art gallery warning Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Looney tunes cartoons in first ever art gallery warning Empty Re: Looney tunes cartoons in first ever art gallery warning

Post by jackie 46 Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:24 am

*Puts me off lunch*
jackie 46
jackie 46

Number of posts : 4999
Looney tunes cartoons in first ever art gallery warning Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Looney tunes cartoons in first ever art gallery warning Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Looney tunes cartoons in first ever art gallery warning Empty Re: Looney tunes cartoons in first ever art gallery warning

Post by Baz Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:34 am

I love it. It's different.
Baz
Baz
Admin

Looney tunes cartoons in first ever art gallery warning Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Looney tunes cartoons in first ever art gallery warning Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:05 am

Here's another of his works.

Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mercury Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:25 am

I hate it.
Dave Mercury
Dave Mercury

Number of posts : 2858
Looney tunes cartoons in first ever art gallery warning Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Looney tunes cartoons in first ever art gallery warning Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.ashfieldangling@piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down