Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2008 MTV VMA Awards - The winners

3 posters

Go down

2008 MTV VMA Awards - The winners Empty 2008 MTV VMA Awards - The winners

Post by Baz Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:25 am

Best Female Video

Britney Spears "Piece Of Me"

Directed by Wayne Isham

Routinely besieged by paparazzi and her life constantly under a media-focused microscope, Britney hit back with a smirk in this one and laid out a cheeky video that made light of her plight and charmed fans around the world.

Best Male Video

Chris Brown "With You"

Directed by Erik White

At last year's VMAs, Chris dazzled with his considerable dance skills and he continues to do that in this video, turning a sidewalk into a stage during this heartsick ballad that made millions weak at the knees.

View the video here

Best Dancing In A Video

Pussycat Dolls "When I Grow Up"

Directed by Joseph Kahn

Caution: Do not try this at home. Pussycat Dolls make dancing across cars in a traffic jam look like child's play. The fact of the matter is that they're trained professionals.

Best Rock Video

Linkin Park "Shadow Of The Day"

Directed by Joe Hahn

Bad news is easy to ignore when it only happens on TV. In the downtrodden video for 'Shadow of the Day,' violent headlines come to life and refuse to be ignored.

View the video here

Best Hip Hop Video

Lil Wayne "Lollipop"

Directed by Gil Green/Dwayne Carter

Before you place your vote for Weezy, take a ride through Las Vegas in a tricked out semi-limo to sample all Sin City has to offer.

Best New Artist

Tokio Hotel "Ready, Set, Go!"

Directed by Warwick & Haering

Remember that Mac commercial? No, these guys probably don't either, because they weren't alive. Nonetheless, the imagery is almost as awesome as Tokio Hotel themselves.

Best Pop Video

Directed by Wayne Isham

Get a 'Piece' of Britney and her world-famous 'derriere' in the scathing, anti-paparazzi pop smash, 'Piece Of Me.'

Video Of The Year

Directed by Wayne Isham

If Britney Spears' career has become a vehicle for criticizing the media, does that make her a political artist? Does it even matter when her videos are still this hot? We demand answers!

Best Art Direction

Gnarls Barkley "Run"

Art Direction by Happy & Kells Jesse

Gnarls Barkley channel the early '80s with not an anachronism in sight. Props go to the art director for all of the perfectly timely... well... props.

Best Choreography

Gnarls Barkley "Run"

Choreography by Mikey Rooney

'Run,' Gnarls Barkley's recreation of an early 1980s dance show, has flavor for days and plenty of way out dance moves to back it up.

Best Cinematography

The White Stripes "Conquest"

Cinematography by Wyatt Troll

A dusty Spanish bullring is a perfect fit for the timelessly vintage sound and attitude of The White Stripes, making 'Conquest' a near-perfect video.

Best Direction

Erykah Badu "Honey"

Directed by Erykah Badu & Mr. Roboto

This black and white love letter to the bygone days of the record store adds Erykah Badu's face to classic album covers and brings them to life. So cool.

Best Editing

Death Cab For Cutie "I Will Possess Your Heart"

Edited by Jeff Buchanan

The major cities of the world are all combined to form the heartbreaking landscape for Death Cab For Cutie's 'I Will Possess Your Heart.'

Best Special Effects

Kanye West f/ T-Pain "Good Life"

Special Effects by X1 FX

Oversaturated graffiti pens come to life and chase Kanye around the screen in this whimsical feat of special effects, the video for 'Good Life.'

Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
2008 MTV VMA Awards - The winners Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 1002008 MTV VMA Awards - The winners Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

2008 MTV VMA Awards - The winners Empty Re: 2008 MTV VMA Awards - The winners

Post by Baz Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:10 am

The opening with Britney.

Baz
Baz
Admin

2008 MTV VMA Awards - The winners Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 1002008 MTV VMA Awards - The winners Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by YePiF Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:36 am

Nice to see Gnarls barkleys Run video won something. I liked that one, really cool Smile
YePiF
YePiF

Number of posts : 281
2008 MTV VMA Awards - The winners Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 1002008 MTV VMA Awards - The winners Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:02 am

Courtney Love has taken to her Myspace blog to rant about last night’s MTV Video Music Awards, and says that even the fact that her buddy Russell Brand was presenting didn’t entice her into going.

“I didnt go to the "VMAS" as we used to call them but theyve gotten so fucking Urban i dont know i guess Van Toffler thought ( hes an exec at MTV ) he was being edgy and he WAS by letting my darkling prince Brand host the mtv awards- but theyre not the "VMAS" and they never will be again,” rants Love.

After blasting the ceremony for its urban content, Love tore into clean-living heartthrobs The Jonas Brothers for wearing ‘promise’ rings to proclaim they are preserving their virginity.

“ i had ZERO desire to watch let alone go and thats one of my very favourite people ive ever known or had the honour of being friends and fiends with hosting it so i feel horribly rude that my desire not to watch assholes with chastity rings- oh for fucks sake ive had some great conversations but not ONE has ever ended in an Orgasm, y'all need some pussy and some cock and shut the hell up-“

Last night’s MTV Video Music Awards were introduced by Britney Spears, who went on to win three awards for her 'Piece Of Me' video: Best Female Video, Best Pop Video and Video Of The Year.

Spears appeared calm and relaxed at the ceremony, a far cry from last year’s botched comeback performance which reportedly saw her run offstage in tears.

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jackie 46 Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:48 am

Britney got a few awards she must be happy.
jackie 46
jackie 46

Number of posts : 4999
2008 MTV VMA Awards - The winners Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 1002008 MTV VMA Awards - The winners Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down