Bazzeroo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage

5 posters

Go down

Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Empty Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage

Post by Dave Mercury Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:41 am

Oh dear, where were the security? Video --->
Dave Mercury
Dave Mercury

Number of posts : 2858
Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.ashfieldangling@piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Empty Re: Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage

Post by jackie 46 Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:54 am

Well at least they were going to carrying on which is good,he only pushed him.
jackie 46
jackie 46

Number of posts : 4999
Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Empty Re: Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage

Post by Dave Mercury Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:55 am

jackie 46 wrote:Well at least they were going to carrying on which is good,he only pushed him.
I had to laugh how Liam went storming in once the security had got the situation under control Laughing
Dave Mercury
Dave Mercury

Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jackie 46 Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:09 am

I suppose it could have been worst I wonder if they prosecuted him?
jackie 46
jackie 46

Number of posts : 4999
Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:17 am

He didn't half go flying!
Baz
Baz
Admin

Number of posts : 4352
Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-21

https://bazzeroo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:03 am

The guy has been arrested and Noel was took to hospital later with a fractured rib and ligament damage. I wonder why the guy did it?
Baz
Baz
Admin

Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Left_bar_bleue9 / 1009 / 100Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by YePiF Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:33 am

I wonder why they keep refering to the guy as a 'fan' in all the news storys about this?
YePiF
YePiF

Number of posts : 281
Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:59 am

Afan would not do that.
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:40 pm

A strongly-rumoured collaboration between Oasis and Paul Weller at the Canadian V Festival may have been ruined by the onstage assault on Noel Gallagher on Sunday (September 7).

The guitarist was pushed to the ground by an intruder during his band's set, forcing the group to leave the stage for nearly ten minutes.

Although Oasis returned to finish the show, according to a statement the guitarist was later "taken to hospital after the show to be examined for a suspected fractured rib and ligament damage. The assailant was detained in police custody and will be charged with assault".

However, according to a source at the festival, Weller - who was also on the bill - had been due to join the band on 'Champagne Supernova', a track he originally guested on when it appeared on the band's 1995 album '(What's The Story) Morning Glory?'.

"There was a rumour going around the festival that Weller was going to play the solo on the song, like he does on record, all day," the source told NME.COM. "However, just before the band played their last song they all huddled together, there was a bit of a discussion and then they launched into set closer 'I Am The Walrus'.

"Afterwards, there was talk that the band had to cut the song due to time, and that meant no Weller."

Whether Weller was due to guest or not, suggestions that the song was cut do appear to be backed up by the fact that when Oasis kicked off their world tour in Seattle 'Champagne Supernova' was the song that immediately preceded the set closer.

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:42 am

Details of how the Oasis attacker managed to get onstage and push Noel Gallagher over during a gig have begun to emerge.

As previously reported, the Oasis guitarist was pushed to the floor during their set at the V Festival in Toronto on Sunday (September 7).

According to Virgin spokesperson Nathan Rosenberg, the invader - identified as 47-year-old Daniel Sullivan - gained access to the stage by evading security, and was not someone with a backstage pass.

"This person seems to have found a hole in somewhere near the stage area and crawled on the stage," he told The Ampersand in a video interview. "Security guards are now looking at how that took place and we're looking at that as well to make sure that it never happens again."

Emailing NME.COM, fans "Derek and Adi" revealed they had seen the man moments before he got onstage.

"We saw the attacker run from the main crowd and run past security to the entrance to the stage," they wrote. "He ran up the stairs right past everyone and pushed Noel over. He literally made a break for it and made it all the way onto the stage. As soon as he was onstage we witnessed at least five police officers run after him onto the stage. Shortly after we saw several police taking him down the stairs and out of our view."

Meanwhile, Oasis fans have responded to the attack by issuing 'wanted: dead or alive' calls on Sullivan, even going as far as printing his home address, phone number and a map of where he lives on various fan forums.

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:47 am

The man accused of attacking Oasis' Noel Gallagher at V Festival in Toronto on Sunday night (September 7) has appeared in court on an assault charge.

Daniel Sullivan, a 47-year-old man from Pickering, Ontario, was charged with assault after spending the night in police custody.

He has since been released and must appear in court again on October 24.

In the meantime, Sullivan was told he is not allowed to go near Oasis, reports Associated Press.

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:14 am

Noel Gallagher has spoken for the first time about the onstage assault he suffered while playing the V Festival in Toronto on Sunday (September 7).

Writing on the Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere blog on Oasisinet.com, the guitarist admitted he had a bad feeling about the gig.

"I'll have to stop this prophesising. I knew something was going to happen last night. I said I had a bad feeling, didn't I!?" he wrote.

Recalling the incident, Gallagher explained: "Someone, who can only be described as a 'Canadian', was able to get onstage, somehow managed to evade our crack security team (Trotters Independent Security Service) and assaulted my mid-riff.

"Can't say much more than that as the 'perpetrator''s gonna get the book thrown at him. Repeatedly. It was all going so well up until that point'n'all."

Speaking about his injuries that forced Oasis to postpone a show in London, Ontario, Gallagher declared: "Feel like I've had a sparring session with [Manchester boxer] Ricky Hatton. Still, we'll probably get an extra couple of days in NYC. Every cloud, eh?"

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:35 am

Noel Gallagher has revealed that seminal comedy series 'Seinfeld' has been key to his recuperation programme.

The Oasis guitarist was pushed over by a stage invader during the band's set at V Festival in Toronto on Sunday (September 7).

Writing on his blog on Oasisinet.com, Gallagher apologised to fans for missing the shows - including tonight's (September 12) gig in New York, explaining that he is seeing doctors again after the incident.

"Nowt down today, droogs," he wrote on his blog. "Spent all day in bed suffering from my severe tickling at the hands of that drunken Canadian who, it transpires, is a grown man of 47 years!! (And I thought I was the oldest person at our gigs!)

"In his defence though, he's probably having one of those mid-life crises things. Apparently it's on YouTube. Imagine doing an assault on world television!?"

He then revealed his recuperation aids.

"Did get to watch four 'Seinfeld's though. And some American football, so not too dissimilar to a normal day back home. Have to get another check up tomorrow. I'm gonna ask for new bionic ribs," Gallagher wrote.

"Apologies for blowing out the show in London (that's London in Canada). You can thank your comrade from Toronto for that. We will return though. Probably in December. Anyway, gotta go. These painkillers are kicking in again."

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:29 am

Oasis' Liam and Noel Gallagher have revealed that they initially thought that Noel had been stabbed when he was attacked onstage in Toronto recently.

Noel Gallagher was attacked while Oasis headlined the V Festival in the Canadian city on September 7. He suffered three broken ribs, causing the band to cancel a slew of gigs.

Liam and Noel have since explained that in the confusion they feared the guitarist had been knifed.

"I thought he (Noel) had been stabbed," Liam told MTV2 Gonzo. "It was fucking dark, but it could've been a lot worse, that's the way I look at it. The guy's gonna get dealt with."

Noel added: "'Cos it had been raining and there were puddles around I thought I'd been stabbed. For a split second I shit it."

Original article here
Baz
Baz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mercury Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:11 am

You couldn't stab Noel, he's too thick skinned.
Dave Mercury
Dave Mercury

Back to top Go down

Post by L Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Similar to you Dave, my first thought was how Liam backed off then acted like he wanted to wade in after the guy was huckled..

But, to be honest, the fella coulda had a gun or a knife or anything, so it was a wise move to back off rather than wade in.

Doesn't do much for his hardman image mind you.. Razz
L
L
Admin

Number of posts : 330
Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Noel Gallagher Attack Live on Stage Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down